Today we bring squid with EVOO, a typical recipe from the area of Almeria and Menorca. It is a simple and flavorful dish that will surely delight anyone who tries it. Squid in EVOO Valdezarza!
- 2 large squids
- 8-9 black peppercorns.
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml of white wine.
- And of course, 100-125 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil Valdezarza Coupage Selection
- First we clean the squid, we prefer to leave the skin to give more taste to the dish, but it can also be removed if preferred.
- With the squid already clean, we make horizontal cuts on the top of the squid, do it carefully to not cut the bottom. To get an idea of the size of the cuts, leave more or less two centimeters of distance between cut and cut, so that when we put the squids in the pan or saucepan shrink less as possible.
- We tap the garlic cloves and crush them, then we will add them without peeling.
- We put in a pan all the ingredients in cold, we put them to cook over medium heat with the container covered for about 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the squid.
- After 10 minutes uncover the container and turn each squid to cook it on the other side. We cover our container again for another 10 minutes.
Important: do not let the squids cook more than 25 minutes.
After those 10 minutes our squid with EVOO will be ready to eat!
Note: the leftover oil of this recipe will give a delicious taste to some rice or similar dishes that we want to make and that needs a lot of flavor.
At Valdezarza, we love making recipes for you. Follow us on our social media to receive them as we publish them.