EVOO JELLY BEANS
VALDEZARZA EVOO JELLY BEANS
This easy recipe will be loved by everyone!
- 100ml of water
- 270ml of extra virgin olive oil Valdezarza, Arbequina variety
- 50gr sugar
- 120gr icing sugar
- 1 sprig of peppermint
- 9 jelly sheets
- First we put the water with the sugar and the sprig of peppermint to boil.
- While the water boils, we leave the 9 sheets of gelatin to hydrate in a bowl.
- Before removing the water from the fire, we need a large bowl of ice and water on hand.
- When bubbles start to come out of the water, we remove the saucepan from the heat and put it in a bowl with the drained jelly, mix everything and put it quickly on top of the bowl we had prepared with water and ice.
- To this mixture we are adding extra virgin olive oil of the Arbequina variety and mixing with a blender.
When the mixture is completely emulsified we let it rest in the fridge for about 2-3 hours. Finally, we cut into figures and batter in vanilla sugar mixed with cornmeal and enjoy our jelly beans!
Recommendation: we recommend eating jelly beans on the same day, since if they are left for the next day, they lose their shape and absorb the sugar batter.