Today we are making one of our most traditional recipes: potato omelette.
- 5 big potatoes
- Half medium onion.
- Valdezarza Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 eggs
1. Peel the onion and chop it into small pieces.
2. In a pan of about 22-28 cm we put a large amount of extra virgin olive oil (the potato will have to be almost covered with the oil) and the onion is cooked over medium heat.
3. The potatoes are peeled, cut into very thin slices and salted.
4. When the onion gets a golden colour, add the potato and raise the heat.
5. Five minutes after adding the potato, lower the heat to medium heat and with a wooden spoon we chop and remove the potato.
6. When the potato is cooked (just before it begins to get a brown colour, it usually takes about 20 minutes over medium heat), it is removed from the heat and the oil is drained.
7. In a large bowl beat the 6 eggs and add a bit of salt.
8. Pour the drained potato into the beaten eggs and let rest a few minutes.
9. Remove the oil from the pan that we used to fry the onion and potatoes, and leave only a tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil used.
9. Put the pan over medium heat and, when the oil is hot, pour the potato, onion and egg mixture while moving the pan so that the mixture does not stick.
10. After 2 or 3 minutes and with the help of a flat plate we turn the tortilla and leave it on the fire for another 2 or 3 minutes. Finally it is removed from the pan and the potato omelette is ready to serve.
Now we have our beef jerky and zamoran cheese toast ready.
We love making recipes for you. at Valdezarza. Follow us on our social media to receive them as we publish them.